Thursday, November 15, 2007

"What I Read Last Night"


I'm reading a book and it's called Old Mother West Wind and the author is Thornton Burgess. This is what I read last night: Reddy fox wanted to scared Johnny Chuck and then ran after him, but he got a big surprise when the little animal(Johnny Chuck) just stood in front of big Reddy fox and looked at him with no fear at all. Reddy fox just ran away and left Johnny Chuck alone. I learned by reading this book, that people shouldn't be afraid of being small or how they are. We should be proud of ourselves and be happy so we can enjoy our lives.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This sounds like a book I would like to read to my sons.

Anonymous said...

That's a beautiful story! Fear is what we have to face, not the size of the matter.

John Tenny, Ph.D. said...

I am 68 years old and when I was a child I loved all he books by Thornton Burgess, and read them over and over. I would sit under an apple tree in the orchard and imagine all the animals and their lives. I learned a lot from those stories.
Later I became a teacher, and I taught your teacher how to teach. Tell her I said Hi and how honored I am to know her.
Peace, John