Thursday, November 8, 2007

"THE BIG SACRIFICE OF BEING IN SCHOOL"

Being in school is a sacrifice to kids from Elementary school to high school. Kids and teenagers do not like school because they have to wake up so early, and some others do not like the idea to be in school all day. They think it's so boring. I don't know why they don't like to be in school for my opinion school is a good thing to do instead of working (well work is a good thing to do too, but I think finish the school first and then go to work will be better). Some teenagers leave the school to go to work. This happened to my brother-in-law. He was in school, he was a student of high school when he left it and at the same time when he was leaving the school I was doing the paper work to go in and I was thinking "How can he is leaving the school and I'm trying to get back to school". That's too sad that the people that have the opportunity to be in school leave it for no reason at all and the people who want to be in it have to pass for a long paper work and test to go in. I loved school. I like to try new things and I like when I don't understand something I like to do it until I get it. My favorite subject is Math. I like numbers. I left school also, but it was not because I wanted to it, it was because I had my baby. I was in eleventh grade when I get pregnant. I was so worried about it because when I got together with my husband he and I were thinking to finish school first and then have babies, but it didn't happen like that. Well he finished but I didn't. Well I got pregnant and I continued to go to school, but then I had my baby and then when she was born I didn't have anybody to take care of her and that's why I didn't have the chance to get back until now. Now I'm back to school and I'm trying to get the GED so I can be proud of myself and do my goals. The last thing that I want to do is to give an advice to all of you that are in school. Keep going in school-you will have more opportunities if you finish. DON'T YOU THINK?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you, Ivis. You're a great mom and a great student and I know your daughter will thrive here because of all the opportunities and experiences you are giving to her.

Anonymous said...

I think you are an incredibly strong woman. Go for it girl!!!

Anonymous said...

Ivis I'm so impressed for your post, your are so intelligent.I agree with you about the school.It is the best for every body.I try to teach to my son enjoy the school and go happy to learn. I hope he likes so much than me. But you now I'm worry about all the persons how don't have the same opportunity to go school, and they can't learn.We have to give thanks to God for all we have.

Anonymous said...

I was so happy to see you that day outside Gorman with your little daughter. I know it isn't easy to be in school when you have a child to care for, so I am extra proud that you are doing it for yourself and for your daughter.

I remember you when you were a student at HHS and you were only a teenager. Now you are a grown woman with a family! Your intelligence and determination will take you as far as you let them, and I wish you great success.

Please come and see me some time in room A106 at Gorman. (You have to knock on the door.)I would also like to direct high school students to your blog because they might listen to you. You make a lot of sense.

Anonymous said...

Hi Ivis, I am so sorry about what happen to you, but you know what? God know why he give you your daughter, some day your going to said, thangs God to send me this daughter, this things are happening so many young ladies, now I have a son and I,m so happy with him, I past for to meny problems to get pregnet, but don't worry at what time God send the babies, I only want to tell you be strong and go up.

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Bernardette for writing to me and you know what? I give thanks to God for sending me my little girl. I love her. She is so sweet. Sometimes she cries and gives me a hard time, but I still love her with all my heart. I didn't finish school, but I'm so happy to have a good family. I do not regret being pregnant and being with my husband because I'm so happy to have them.

Anonymous said...

Hi Ms. trabandt! I'm so happy that you wrote to me and to see you the other day. Thank you for writing me. You are right it is not easy to have a child and be in school at the same time well at first it was hard to me. I didn't go back to school when she was born because I didn't have anybody to take care for her that's why I didn't graduate, but know I'm doing a big effort to get the GED. I know that is not the same thing as if would get the high school diploma, but it is still important. I also come to school not just because I want to get the GED, but because I like school. I like to learn new things. I'm so happy right know because I had a good family and beacause I'm assisting to school. I want to thank you for teaching me a lot of things before when I was in your classroom. I really learned a lot with you thanks! for that. I'm so glad to see you again and I hope you are ok too. P.S. If in any case you see Mrs. Varner say Hi for me Bye!!!